Believe it or not, summer camp will be here before you know it. And with that, first-time parents may be unsure about what to pack for their overnight summer campers.
As a family owned and operated residential kids camp for over 40 years, we at Camp Kennybrook know a thing or two about packing. And, since we believe strongly in providing a stress-free environment for all our campers, we thought we’d take it one step further and help alleviate some of the stress for parents as well.
Following these simple guidelines can put you on the fast-track to a stress-free overnight camp transition period.
What to Pack for Overnight Camp
- Clothing: Pack an assortment of different clothes for different needs (i.e. baseball and art; warm days and cool nights). We suggest sweatpants, jeans, shorts, t-shirts, short and long sleeve shirts, sweatshirts, swimsuits, and jackets. Pack plenty of underwear, socks and pajamas, as well as sneakers, sandals and boots.
- Toiletries: Necessities like toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush and hair accessories. For older campers, cosmetics, shaver, shaving cream, deodorant and feminine products.
- Sunscreen: A minimum of 15 SPF, sweat and waterproof, as well as sunburn lotion.
- Sports Equipment: Depending on your sport-of-choice, bring any custom fit equipment, supplies, gear, as well as clothing and shoes.
- Medicine: Don’t forget daily medications, and make sure to tell the camp team so proper storage and handling can be secured.
- Bug Spray: If you are uncomfortable with bug bites, be sure to bring spray and apply daily, especially at night when mosquitoes and other bugs come out. Also pack an anti-itch cream.
- Miscellaneous: You may also want to bring a laundry bag, sunglasses, disposable camera, magazines, books, a favorite toy or stuffed animal, etc.
And lastly, be sure to put your camper’s name on everything. You never know who may show up with the same swimsuit or tennis racquet. This way, if something is lost, it can be easily returned.
If you’re missing some of these items, no worries. Feel free to visit our Camp Store for outerwear, accessories and more.
Ideal Overnight Summer Kids Camp
As a family owned and operated residential summer kids camp, we at Camp Kennybrook take pride in ensuring a safe and nurturing environment for boys and girls. With great programs and great people, all at a great value, we challenge our campers, encourage discover and develop life-skills, all while having a blast and building friendships that endure far beyond summer. Camp Kennybrook is a place where “kids can be kids” and “unplug” from their daily pressures. We welcome you to discover why Camp Kennybrook is so much more than just a good time.
Feel free to contact us with any questions whatsoever.